- Achievement - Found in most modern video games, an achievement is a meta-goal defined outside of a game's parameters, typically an in-game task available to be completed by players. Successfully completing these tasks entitles the player to an in-game reward of experience and gems. Easier achievements typically have lower rewards, while more difficult achievements can have substantial rewards.
- Altar - An Altar is the anchor point on the village for a hero, and it defines the hero's patrol area. Each hero has a corresponding Altar; the hero is automatically summoned when its Altar is first constructed. When damaged in combat, the hero will regenerate his/her hit points while sleeping on top of the Altar. Although it has no offensive or defensive capabilities, the Altar must be destroyed for an attacker to achieve three Stars. Destroying the Altar has no effect on the hero.
- Air Troop - Air troops are Troops that have the ability to fly. In game terms, they are unimpeded by Walls and can be targeted by Aerial Defenses and other anti-air units. Troops and Defenses that can only attack ground troops (such as Cannons and Mortars) cannot attack them.
- Attack Rate - The frequency that a unit or structure attacks, usually expressed in seconds
- Archer - Стрелец
- Archer Queen - Курва - Кралица
- Ангел - Лечител - Лекар - Сестра - Healer
- Air Sweeper - Духалка
- Ballonion - An attack strategy that makes use of a combination of Balloon and Minion units
- BAM - An attack strategy that makes use of a combination of Barbarian, Archer and Minion units
- Barbarian - Барбериън - Варварин
- Barch - Barbarian + Archer attack strategy
- Clan Hopper - A player who jumps from clan to clan hence the name.
- Clanmate - A person with whom you share clan membership. It can refer to any rank within the clan.
- Clan Perks - Special advantages that boost various aspects of clans. This includes shorter troop request wait times, higher donation limits, increased war loot bonuses, troop donation refunds, upgrades for donated troops, and extra war loot storage capacity. In order to attain these perks, clans must level up by obtaining Clan XP.
- Clan XP - A special experience meter for each clan separate from each individual member. Clan XP can be accumulated by having the Clan participate in Clan Wars, and is required to level up Clans in order to obtain special Clan Perks.
- CoC - Abbreviation for Clash of Clans
- CC - Clan Castle - КК - Клан Касъл
- CW - Clan War - Война
- Damage - A numerical representation of a loss in HP
- Damage Per Second - DPS - A unit or structure's Damage Per Shot divided by its Attack Rate in seconds
- Damage Per Shot - The amount of damage a unit or structure inflicts each time it attacks. Not to be confused with Damage Per Second or DPS. If (and only if) a unit attacks once per second, Damage Per Shot will equal Damage Per Second.
- Defense - Depending on context, refers either to defensive buildings (see Defensive Building) or defensive raids (see Raid)
- Dark Elixir - Мазут
- Dragon - Дракон - Гарга
- Experience - XP - A numeric value that increases based on performing a variety of different activities in game. Experience level has no in-game impact other than unlocking various Decorations.
- Eagle Artillery - Сокол - A Defensive Building that has a massive range covering practically the entire village. It only activates upon deployment of a large amount of Troops, and fires three shots in 10-second volleys, dealing moderately high damage.
- Earthquake Spell - Земетръс - A Dark Spell that is used to damage buildings by taking away a portion of their remaining Hit Points. Due to the fact that it damages buildings a percentage of their remaining hitpoints, it is much more effective on stronger structures such as the Town Hall. Its effect is better on Walls, and it can also cause buildings with a low percentage of hitpoints to collapse instantly.
- Farmer - A player who primarily engages in farming
- Farming - Method of gameplay where the player focuses on acquiring resources instead of Trophies
- Gemmer - A player who regularly buys and uses large quantities of Gems
- GoWiPe - An attack strategy that makes use of a combination of Golem, WIzard and P.E.K.K.A units
- GoWiWi - An attack strategy that makes use of a combination of Golem, WIzard and WItch units
- Ground Troop - Ground troops are troops that travel on ground only. In game terms, they must destroy or go around walls (unless they can jump over them innately like Hog Riders or are under the effect of the Jump Spell and will tend to walk around buildings and decorations unless there is no other path. They can be targeted by Troops and Defenses that can attack ground troops, but not by those that can only attack air troops.
- Grand Warden - Пазител - A supporting Hero able to buff the Hit Points of nearby troops, as well as make them invincible with his Eternal Tome ability
- Giant - Гигат - Великан
- Hit Points - HP - A numerical representation of how much health a unit or structure has. When a unit or structure takes damage, its hit points are lowered. When it reaches 0 hit points, it is destroyed.
- Haste Spell - Скорост - A Dark Spell that is used to speed up troops that enter its area of effect. It is very effective on slower troops like Balloons.
- IGN - Standing for 'in-game name', this is the name of your village
- In-App Purchase - IAP - Items that can be bought with real money while playing the game. Currently, the only in-app purchases available within Clash of Clans are varying quantities of Gems.
- King - Галош
- League - The way Clash of Clans divides players with different trophy counts, by placing players with similar trophy count together to judge progress. There are six leagues (namely Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Master and Champion), and each league except for Champion has three divisions. Higher leagues provide higher loot bonuses for every victory, but generally the opponents in higher leagues will be harder to beat. To join a League one must complete an attack when they have at least 400 trophies. The leagues reset every one month.
- Lightning Spell - Светкавица
- Nexting - A verb used to describe searching for a base to raid. ex: I keep nexting but can't find a good base to attack.
- Meat Shield - A meat shield is one or more troops used as a "distraction" to draw fire away from other troops so they can do damage. The Giant is obviously the most common meat shield because of his high health. A P.E.K.K.A is also a great choice for a meat shield because of her high health and high DPS. However, because many people don't have/can't afford a P.E.K.K.A, they use Giants instead.
- Melee - Disorganized, free-for-all, close quarters combat. In Clash of Clans terms, a melee troop is one that attacks via hand-to-hand combat as opposed to at range. If a melee troop is in range to attack another troop, that troop can always attack back.
- Minion - Муха
- One-shot - A term that refers to a unit or structure completely destroying another previously-undamaged unit or structure in a single attack, i.e. destroying it in one shot. Usually used as a verb, such as "That Archer Tower one-shotted my Witch."
- Parent troop - The reciprocal term of subtroops, referring to Golems, Witches and Lava Hounds. They split into or summon their corresponding subtroops.
- Poison Spell - Отрова - A Dark Spell that slows down as well as damages enemy troops over time
- Push - Playing for trophies
- Royals - A common alternate term for Heroes.
- Resource - Loot - In-game currencies used to purchase and upgrade assets. Current in-game resources include Gold, Elixir, Dark Elixir and Gems.
- Rush - Ръшнат - Избързан
- Single Target Damage - Damage that is only applied to a single specific unit targeted. Contrast with Splash Damage.
- Splash Damage - Damage that applies to all units within a specified radius of the targeted unit. Contrast with Single Target Damage.
- Subtroop - A generic term for Golemites, Skeletons and Lava Pups. They are only spawned by their parent troops, and can't be trained, placed directly, or donated via the Clan Castle.
- Snipe - A term used for taking ony THs when attacking
- Town Hall - TH - Селище - Кметство - Structure that represents the heart of your village. If an attacker destroys your Town Hall, you lose the battle regardless of how many other buildings are destroyed. However, you only gain one star and less trophies. Trophy Pushers aim at Farmers, who keep their Town Hall at the corner of their base to purposely lose trophies.
- Trophy - Cup - Trophies (also referred to as cups) are the Clash of Clans ranking system. When a multiplayer attack is won, the winner gains an amount of trophies, while the loser loses trophies. Trophies affect multiplayer matchmaking as well as overall player and Clan rank.
- Trap - Traps are defensive items that, once triggered, perform a single function and are then rendered inoperative until the owner re-arms them. Traps are hidden from the attacker's view until an attacking troop that the trap can affect comes into its trigger range. At that point the trap will appear, perform its function (usually damaging the nearby troops) and then become inactive. Inactive traps are visible to the village owner and his clanmates, but do not appear on the attacker's screen at all.
- Troop - Units you use for attacking in the Single Player Campaign and other villages. Each troop has its own housing space that determines how many of each troop can fit into your army.
- Unit - See Troop. It is also used occasionally to generically refer to both troops and buildings
- Witch - Вещица
- Wizard - Маг - Магьосник
- Wallbreaker - WB - Бомба